The Old Inn, Somerset
- The Old Inn, Somerset
- Holton, Nr Wincanton, Somerset, BA9 8AR
- 01963 32002
This 400 year old coaching Inn has been restored into a beautiful restaurant and bar. The restaurant uses Clinger Farm for most of the produce that is used in the kitchen which is only a few miles up the road. The pub has local ciders, ales and larger as well as a varied menu of wines and aged whiskies. Wine tasting sessions are available for small groups, please book in advance. The pub also serves bar food such as thyme roast chicken risotto with Somerset truffle oil, in a comfortable setting.
Sample Summer Menu:
Starters Salad of crayfish tails, passion fruit dressed gem lettuce with sauce Marie Rose. Fillet of mackerel, wilted Swiss chard with crispy smoked bacon. In shell roasted scallops with minted tomato & caper salad. Feta, olive, cucumber, basil leaf salad with balsamic dressing. Roasted belly of pork, poached duck egg, crackling with pea purée. Local asparagus & parma ham salad with pecorino crisp. Tomato bruschetta with olive tapenade & lambs lettuce. Devilled lambs kidneys on toast. Share platter of parma ham, crayfish, mackerel, feta, olive tapenade & bread.
Mains Including a sauce, a side of mixed seasonal vegetables and a choice of a potato
Steaks With garlic butter, bearnaise, blue cheese, peppercorn or mushroom sauce 6oz Rump / 10 oz Rump / 8oz Sirloin / 6oz Rib-eye / 8oz Fillet / 8oz Lamb Rump
Seafood With tartar sauce, hollandaise or garlic butter, Ask for the catch of the day.
Plated Dishes Grilled guinea fowl, braised red cabbage & red currant jus. Duck breast cooked over fire with pink peppercorn & strawberry jus. Clinger farm pork tenderloin with black puddings & mustard cream sauce. Roasted chicken breast on the bone with buffalo mozzarella & pesto. grilled lamb chops with wilted greens & minted jus. Mixed grill.
Potato Choice Hand cut chips / Dauphinoise / New potatoes / Sautéed potato
Desserts Strawberries & cream with vanilla shortbread. Passion fruit panna cotta with hazelnut praline. Treacle sponge with honey ice cream. Hot chocolate fondant with cardamom ice cream & blackberry compot. Cheese board. Mixed ice creams.
Open everyday for lunch from 11.30am to 3.00pm.
Food is served from 7.00pm till 10.00pm
Open in the evening Monday to Thursday 6.00pm to 11.00pm Friday and Saturday 6.00pm to 12.00am.
Sunday dinners are served from noon till 6.00pm.
My Short Lists
Register with Freedom Days to:
- Create multiple shortlists
- Save your shortlists
- Email your shortlists to a friend
- Nearby Accommodation
- Holbrook House Hotel (1 miles)
- Wincanton Racecourse Caravan Club Site (2 miles)
- Bridge House (5 miles)
- Long Hazel Park (5 miles)
- Brook House Inn and Touring Caravan Park (5 miles)
- The Grange at Oborne (6 miles)
- Hawk House (7 miles)
- Fosse House Farm (8 miles)
- Valley View Farm (8 miles)
- Higher Farm (8 miles)
- The Crown at Marnhull (8 miles)
- Blackmore Farm Cottage (9 miles)
- Chetcombe House (9 miles)
- Cannards Grave Farmhouse (10 miles)
- Northwood Cottages (10 miles)
- Nearby Attractions
- Otter Nurseries Wincanton (3 miles)
- Gartell Light Railway (4 miles)
- Haynes International Motor Museum (4 miles)
- Castleton Waterwheel Museum (7 miles)
- Sherborne Old Castle (7 miles)
- Sherborne Castle and Gardens (7 miles)
- Sherborne Museum (7 miles)
- Stourhead (7 miles)
- Sherborne Abbey (7 miles)
- Gillingham Museum (8 miles)
- Orchard Park (9 miles)
- Haxnicks (9 miles)
- Lytes Cary Manor (10 miles)
- East Somerset Railway (10 miles)
- Sturminster Newton Museum (10 miles)