Monkey World - Ape Rescue Centre
- Monkey World - Ape Rescue Centre
- Longthorns, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 6HH
- 01929 462537
Monkey World was set up in 1987 by the late Jim Cronin to provide a permanent stable home for abused Spanish beach chimpanzees. Today, his wife, Dr Alison Cronin MBE, continues to work with foreign governments worldwide to stop the illegal smuggling of primates from the wild.
For a fascinating and fun day out, see the stars of TV's "Monkey Business" and the new series "Monkey Life"! The 'monkey around' in the south's largest Great Ape adventure play area!
Keepers' talks tell all about man's closest living relatives, from 12noon to 3pm every day.
Guided tours are also available for up to 15 people and we now have meeting room and conference facilities available. Please email us at email@example.com for details.
Catering outlets offer a range of hot and cold food, snacks, drinks and confectionery, plus picnic areas are also available.
For more information, please visit our website at www.monkeyworld.org.
February Half Term 2012 - Kid for a Quid! From Monday 13th to Sunday 2012, children under 16 bringing a towel or blanket for the primates may enter the park for just £1 when accompanied by a full-paying adult!
Please note: We do not accept crocheted or stuffed blankets/duvets as they may cause harm to the primates. Old towels, blankets or bed linen are fine, but must be of a clean condition. Not available in conjunction with any other offer.
- Gift Shop
- Picnic Area
Disabled Access: (this includes disabled swings, sensory statues and pre-booked mobility scooters and wheelchairs)
- Adult: £11.00
- Child (3-15 Years): £7.75
- Family (2 Adults & 2 Children): £34.00
- Senior: £7.75
- Disabled: £7.75
- Disabled Carer: £7.75
Discounts available for pre-booked groups. Please contact us or visit www.monkeyworld.org for details.
Located 1 mile from Wool train station. Please follow the 'Monkey World' brown tourism signs from the A31.
Open every day, except Christmas Day, from 10am to 5pm. Open from 10am to 6pm during July and August. Last entry is 1 hour before closing.
My Short Lists
Register with Freedom Days to:
- Create multiple shortlists
- Save your shortlists
- Email your shortlists to a friend
- Nearby Accommodation
- Whitemead Caravan Park (1 miles)
- The Dorset Golf Lodge (1 miles)
- East Burton House (1 miles)
- Luckford Wood Farm House (2 miles)
- Kemps Country House (2 miles)
- Wareham Forest Tourist Park (3 miles)
- Rowlands Wait Touring Park (3 miles)
- Birchwood Tourist Park (3 miles)
- Worgret Manor Hotel (4 miles)
- Crossways Caravan Club Site (5 miles)
- Anglebury House (5 miles)
- Springfield Country House Leisure Club & Spa (5 miles)
- The Lookout Holiday Park (5 miles)
- Lookout Holiday Park (5 miles)
- The Old Barn (5 miles)
- Nearby Food & Drink
- Kemps Country House (2 miles)
- The Castle Inn (5 miles)
- Little Chef - Bere Regis A31 (6 miles)
- The Botany Bay Inne (6 miles)
- Dylan's Restaurant (7 miles)
- Mortons House Hotel (8 miles)
- The Greyhound Inn (8 miles)
- The Smugglers Inn (8 miles)
- The Springhead (9 miles)
- Taj Indian Restaurant (10 miles)
- La Caverna (10 miles)
- Best Western Kings Arms Hotel (10 miles)
- The Anchor (10 miles)
- Rajpoot (10 miles)
- Prezzo - Dorchester (10 miles)