The National Waterways Museum
- The National Waterways Museum
- South Pier Road, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH65 4FW
- 0151 3555017
- 0151 355 4079
Discount Offer: 20% discount on entry tickets for up to 6 people per voucher.
Valid: 1 January to 31 December 2013 (subject to attraction opening times). Offer exclusions: Refer to general terms & conditions at www.freedomdays.co.uk/offers-tcs.
Voucher MUST be presented at the venue to obtain the offer.
The National Waterways Museum brings together a unique fleet of historic boats with rich collections and archives to tell the story of Britain's canals and waterways. The historic docks at Ellesmere Port provide the perfect setting.
With its stunning location on the banks of the Mersey and the Manchester Ship Canal, extensive in-door displays, boat trips and historic buildings, the Museum is a great day out where time slows down and history comes to life.
Climb aboard our canalboat Centaur for a boat trip on the Shropshire Union Canal. This 30 minute boat trip takes you through a fascinating industrial landscape criss-crossed with past and present transport systems. Your tour guide will unfold for you the stories that lie behind the passing bridges and quaysides and bring to life the changing fortunes of the canal and its people.
- Adult Entry Price: £6.00
- Concession Entry Price: £5.00*
- Child Entry Price: £4.00 (5-16 Years)
- Child Under 5: Free
*Concessions: registered disabled, unemployed or on state benefit; over 60s and students.
Family Tickets are designed to fit the size and make-up of your family.
By road - from junction 9 on the M53 follow brown signs for 'The Boat Museum'.
By rail - 10 minutes walk from Ellesmere Port station. Merseyrail half-hourly service from central Liverpool and stations on the Wirral.
By bike - the tow-path alongside the Shropshire Union Canal runs right up to the museum.
By bus - 20 minutes walk from Ellesmere Port bus station. Wide range of services including from Caernarfon, Chester, Liverpool, Neston, Runcorn and Wirral.
Parking - Ample free parking for cars, coaches and bikes. Coach drop off point outside main entrance. Designated disabled parking spaces.
Museum is open daily from 10.00am - 5.00pm Shop and Cafe, open daily from 10.00am - 4.00pm Museum, shop and cafe closed from Christmas Day to 2nd January.
National Waterways Museum, Ellesmere Port South Pier Road Ellesmere Port Cheshire, CH65 4FW
My Short Lists
Register with Freedom Days to:
- Create multiple shortlists
- Save your shortlists
- Email your shortlists to a friend
- Nearby Accommodation
- Chester Fairoaks Caravan Club Site (2 miles)
- Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) (3 miles)
- Inglewood Manor (4 miles)
- Premier Inn Wirral (Two Mills) (4 miles)
- Gateway Lodge (4 miles)
- Kingswood Coach House (4 miles)
- Premier Inn Wirral (Bromborough) (5 miles)
- The Dibbinsdale Inn (5 miles)
- Premier Inn Chester Central North (6 miles)
- Mere Brook House (6 miles)
- Craigleith Lodge (6 miles)
- Strathearn Bed & Breakfast (6 miles)
- Lavender Lodge Bed and Breakfast (6 miles)
- Kilmorey Lodge (6 miles)
- Cheltenham Lodge (6 miles)
- Nearby Food & Drink
- Chiquito Cheshire Oaks (1 miles)
- Prezzo - Cheshire Oaks (1 miles)
- Nando's - Cheshire Oaks (1 miles)
- Cafe Rouge - Cheshire Oaks (1 miles)
- Macdonald Craxton Wood (2 miles)
- Zizzi Ristorante - Cheshire Oaks (2 miles)
- Chang Noi (5 miles)
- The Dibbinsdale Inn (5 miles)
- Gulshan (5 miles)
- Chronicle - Wirral (6 miles)
- Sticky Walnut (6 miles)
- Netherton Hall (7 miles)
- Zizzi Ristorante - Chester (7 miles)
- Michael Caines at ABode Chester (7 miles)
- Ciros Brasserie Restaurant (7 miles)