New Forest Centre
- New Forest Centre
- High Street, Lyndhurst, Hampshire, SO43 7NY
- 023 8028 3444
Discount Offer: Two for the price of one entry.
Valid: 1 January to 31 December 2013 (subject to attraction opening times). Offer exclusions: Refer to general terms & conditions at www.freedomdays.co.uk/offers-tcs.
Voucher MUST be presented at the venue to obtain the offer.
The New Forest Centre is an essential part of your visit to the Forest. Set in the heart of the National Park in Lyndhurst, you’ll find a fascinating Museum, Visitor Information Centre, Gift Shop, Library, Exhibition Gallery and friendly staff to answer all your questions about the New Forest and how to best enjoy it.
The Museum is full of information and fun activities. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the Beaulieu Road Pony Sales and step back in time into our traditional Cob Cottage. Don’t miss our Family Fun Tree in the heart of the Museum. You can learn how to detect animals in our Poo Corner game, listen to the sounds of wild and commoner owned animals, marvel at gigantic creepy crawlies and indulge in some good old fashioned bark rubbing. You can even share your thoughts with us on what the Forest means to you by adding to our paper leaf mulch!
Upstairs in our unique reference library, we have the largest collection of printed material on the Forest on public access. Whether you’re a student, researcher or family historian you’ll be sure to find something here to fascinate you.
Once you’ve seen the Museum and visited our well stocked shop, you won’t be able to wait to get out into the Forest and when you’ve experienced it for yourself you’ll want to know more about it. The New Forest Centre is the perfect way to start and finish your visit to the New Forest National Park.
- Gift Shop
- Adult Entry Price: £4.00
- Concession Entry Price: £3.00
- Senior Entry Price: £3.00
- Disabled Entry Entry Price: £3.00
- Disabled Carer: Free
- Children under 16: Free
The New Forest Centre
Lyndhurst, Hampshire, SO43 7NY
Tel: 023 8028 3444
Fax: 023 8028 4236
Grid Ref: SU 300 081
SATNAV postcode SO43 7NY
We are located in the large Pay and Display main car park in Lyndhurst.
The Centre is open daily (Library is open Wednesday to Sunday) from 10am to 5pm. Last admission to the Museum Complex at 4pm. The Centre is shut Christmas Day, Boxing Day and 1st February.
My Short Lists
Register with Freedom Days to:
- Create multiple shortlists
- Save your shortlists
- Email your shortlists to a friend
- Nearby Accommodation
- Burwood Lodge (0 miles)
- Heather House (0 miles)
- The Rufus House (0 miles)
- Little Hayes Guest House (0 miles)
- Temple Lodge Guest House (0 miles)
- Whitemoor House (1 miles)
- Roundhill Caravan & Camping Site (2 miles)
- Hollands Wood Caravan & Camp Site (2 miles)
- New Park Manor Hotel and Bath House Spa (2 miles)
- Ashurst Caravan & Camping Site (3 miles)
- Forest Gate Lodge (3 miles)
- Balmer Lawn Hotel (3 miles)
- Kingsbridge House (3 miles)
- The Woodlands Lodge Hotel (3 miles)
- Little Heathers Bed and Breakfast (4 miles)
- Nearby Food & Drink
- Prezzo - Lyndhurst (0 miles)
- The Glasshouse (0 miles)
- The Stag Restaurant (2 miles)
- Asha (3 miles)
- Balmer Lawn Hotel (3 miles)
- Imperial China (3 miles)
- Little Chef - Stoney Cross A31 West (3 miles)
- Armada Restaurant (3 miles)
- Zen Garden Restaurant (4 miles)
- Alcatraz: Sir John Barleycorn - Cadnam (4 miles)
- Yenz Chinese (4 miles)
- Briscoe's (4 miles)
- Alcatraz: The Mortimer Arms - Ower (5 miles)
- Alcatraz: The Hobler Inn (6 miles)
- Hare & Hounds (6 miles)