Burnby Hall Gardens and Museum
- Burnby Hall Gardens and Museum
- The Balk,Pocklington, York, East Riding, YO42 2QF
- 01759 307125
Discount Offer: Two for the price of one.
Valid: All year. Daily 10am to 5.30pm March to October and daily (but weather dependent - please check before visiting) November to March. Offer exclusions: Excludes Sundays. Also refer to general terms & conditions at www.freedomdays.co.uk/offers-tcs.
Voucher MUST be presented at the venue to obtain the offer.
The Gardens are a glorious haven of beauty and tranquility and include the two well-stocked lakes that house a national collection of Hardy Water lilies, over 80 varieties, recognized as one of the largest displays found in a natural setting in Europe.
The Lakes are also home to a vast collections of ornamental fish, which can be hand fed. Burnby Hall Gardens provide 9 acres of changing vistas, which include a woodlands walk, Victorian garden, secret garden, extensive rockeries, shrubberies and a fine collection of ornamental and indigenous trees. This year a Stumpery was introduced into the woodland area which will develop over the next 2 - 3 years.
The Stewart's Museum has been completely refurbished. There are now state-of-the-art display cases that show off to their full advantage all the artifacts Major Stewart collected on eight his world tours, early in the 20th century. Age concert winner for disabled facilities, the site is wheelchair friendly. Wheelchairs available free of charge.
The Gardens host a variety of events throughout the year including Sunday Band Concerts, Family fun days, Falconry displays, Vintage Car displays and Open Air Theatre.
Tea room- Book & Gift Shop - Aviary - Play ground & garden trails for children - free car parking.
- Tea Room
- Book & Gift Shop
- Playground & Garden Trails for Children
- Free Car Parking
- Adult Entry Price: £4.65
- Children Entry Price: £2.50 (5 - 15 years)
- Senior Admission Price: £3.95
- Parties of 20+ £3.70 per person
Under 5's go Free.
Opening Times - March to October Daily 10am - 5.30 (last admission 4.30)
November - March - Daily until 4pm but weather dependent - please check before you visit.
My Short Lists
Register with Freedom Days to:
- Create multiple shortlists
- Save your shortlists
- Email your shortlists to a friend
- Nearby Accommodation
- South Lea Caravan Park (1 miles)
- The Wolds Retreat (2 miles)
- Northwood Coach House (2 miles)
- Lakeside Caravan Park and Coarse Fishery (3 miles)
- Towthorpe Grange (5 miles)
- Weir Caravan Park (7 miles)
- Yellowtop Country Park (8 miles)
- Orchard Lodge B&B (8 miles)
- Manor Farm Cottages (8 miles)
- Old Cobbler's Cottage (8 miles)
- Fimber Gate Bed & Breakfast (9 miles)
- Orillia House (10 miles)
- Wolds Village Luxury Guest Accommodation (10 miles)
- Robeanne House Bed and Breakfast (10 miles)
- Red House (10 miles)
- Nearby Food & Drink
- World Peace Cafe Pocklington (0 miles)
- The Gold Cup Inn (7 miles)
- The Wellington Inn (10 miles)
- The Stone Trough Inn (12 miles)
- My Coffee Bar (12 miles)
- Il Paradiso Del Cibo (12 miles)
- The Lime House Restaurant (13 miles)
- The Old White Swan (13 miles)
- Lady Anne Middleton's Hotel (13 miles)
- The Ivy Restaurant (13 miles)
- La Tasca York (13 miles)
- Prezzo - York (13 miles)
- Loch Fyne York (13 miles)
- Zizzi Ristorante - York (13 miles)
- Akbar's - York (13 miles)